Sunday, August 26, 2012

San Francisco 49er's Keena Turner Autographed 1989 Pro Set Football Card


I have been a 49er fan ever since that time I watched Joe Montana throw a touchdown pass to Dwight Clark in the back of the end zone during the final minute of the 1982 NFC Championship Game, in what would be forever known as “The Catch”.  That was the first football game I can ever remember watching on television. I’ll admit I didn’t know much of what was going on at the time but I do remember my uncles jumping up and down and yelling in celebration, partly because they probably won a bet. From that moment on, though, I’ve rooted for the 49ers even when they sucked (and boy did they suck big-time) throughout the majority of the 2000s. 

Though after a decade of suck, they did finally manage to bring back some hope last year and I got a feeling they are going to be one of the best teams in the NFL again this year. After all, who’s got it better than us? Nobody!

Well, for the 49er fans who remember the good old days of 1980s, this is a 1989 Pro Set Football Card autographed by San Francisco 49er Keena Turner. 


 
Drafted in the 2nd round of the 1980 NFL Draft by the Miami Dolphins, Keena Turner was traded on that same day to the San Francisco 49ers where he would go on to help the team capture 4 Super Bowl titles during a 11 year NFL career. This former Pro Bowl linebacker now serves as the 49ers’ Vice President of Football Affairs. 

If you are interested in the autographed card of 49er Keena Turner, you can find it for sale on eBay by clicking here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

I've been a huge comic nerd for a long time. It was my dad who first introduced me to comics when I was very young. He gave me his small collection of comics at the time and ever since then I’ve continued to add to it. Over the years I have collected hundreds of comics, toy figures, and other memorabilia. And though I would really love to hang on to them, due to unfortunate circumstances I have to let them go. *sigh* So, the purpose of this blog will be mainly to showcase what I have up for sale on eBay. Most of the items will be comic related memorabilia but I also have a few other “types” of collectables that I hope to be getting rid of as well. And every once in a while in between the post of what I have for sell I may just post some of the crazy ideas that pop-up in my head which of course you can simply choose to ignore. Thanks for stopping by.

Translate