Sunday, August 26, 2012

Marvel's X-men 1991 ToyBiz figure: Apocalypse with Extending Body!

It’s a little surprising to know that one of the greatest X-men villains of all time was almost absent from his initial debut in X-Factor #5. Bob Layton who had written the first five issues of X-Factor original planned to reveal that the mysterious mastermind behind the Alliance of Evil was none other than the fearsome Owl…

Really, the Owl almost single handedly saved the Marvel Universe from the immortal mutant known as En Sabah Nur, a.k.a. Apocalypse. Luckily for X-men fans and Marvel the Simonson’s came along and changed all of that. In further comics this gray and blue skinned mutant, enhanced by Celestial technology, would go to being a major villain of the Marvel Universe threatening to spell doom for the X-men’s past, present, and future.






The backboard has some wear and is warped from storage. However, the figure is in excellent condition as the package has never been opened.

The X-men: Series 2 trading card that comes in the package features Warpath.

Apocalypse is arguably one of the greatest X-men villains of all time! Apocalypse’s powers seemingly allow him to be capable of almost anything including super strength, shape shifting, telepathy, telekinesis, energy projection and absorption, technopathy, and bestowing others with powers while making them serve as one of his Four Horsemen. As one of the first mutants to walk the earth, if not the first, Apocalypse has been worshiped as a god and feared as a harbinger of destruction.

If you are interested in this figure of one of the greatest villains the X-men have ever faced, you can find it for sale on... Will be posting soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

I've been a huge comic nerd for a long time. It was my dad who first introduced me to comics when I was very young. He gave me his small collection of comics at the time and ever since then I’ve continued to add to it. Over the years I have collected hundreds of comics, toy figures, and other memorabilia. And though I would really love to hang on to them, due to unfortunate circumstances I have to let them go. *sigh* So, the purpose of this blog will be mainly to showcase what I have up for sale on eBay. Most of the items will be comic related memorabilia but I also have a few other “types” of collectables that I hope to be getting rid of as well. And every once in a while in between the post of what I have for sell I may just post some of the crazy ideas that pop-up in my head which of course you can simply choose to ignore. Thanks for stopping by.

Translate