Sunday, August 26, 2012

Marvel’s X-men 1992 ToyBiz figure: Magento with Super Spark Action!

Best friend of Charles Xavier and often worse enemy, Magneto the Master of Magnetism is one of the most iconic and compelling villains of not only the X-men but in all of comics. In almost any list polling who’s the top supervillain to have ever graced the pages of comic book you will find Magneto there in the forefront. In IGN’s 2009 list of the Top 100 Comic Book Villains of All Time Magento was featured as number 1, beating out the likes of Lex Luther, the Joker, and Dr. Doom.  The development of this character’s background as a holocaust survivor and the readers’ ability to relate to why he is the man he is today speaks volumes as to why he is so popular today, especially when you consider he is a grown man wearing a red and purple outfit with what looks to be a bucket on his head.

For those of you who are a fan of old buckethead here is a Marvel’s X-men 1992 figure of Magento with Super Spark Action by ToyBiz!







The backboard has some minor wear from storage and is warped. The packaging has never been opened, however, there appears to be either some corrosion or a bad paint job on the upper portion of his cape. At the center of his chest where the sparks are supposed to appear the plastic appears white, possibly due to corrosion as well.

The X-men Series 2 card that comes in the package features his daughter and current member of X-factor, Polaris.

Magneto is an Omega-level mutant whose power over electromagnetic fields allows him to fly, create force-fields, send out magnetic pulses, and shape all forms of metal to his will. He is also the father of the superhero mutants known as Polaris, the Scarlet Witch, and Quicksilver.

If you are interested in this figure of the Master of Magnetism, you can find if for sale on... Will be posting soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

I've been a huge comic nerd for a long time. It was my dad who first introduced me to comics when I was very young. He gave me his small collection of comics at the time and ever since then I’ve continued to add to it. Over the years I have collected hundreds of comics, toy figures, and other memorabilia. And though I would really love to hang on to them, due to unfortunate circumstances I have to let them go. *sigh* So, the purpose of this blog will be mainly to showcase what I have up for sale on eBay. Most of the items will be comic related memorabilia but I also have a few other “types” of collectables that I hope to be getting rid of as well. And every once in a while in between the post of what I have for sell I may just post some of the crazy ideas that pop-up in my head which of course you can simply choose to ignore. Thanks for stopping by.

Translate