Sunday, August 26, 2012

Skybox's 1993 The Simpsons Series I Trading Cards Wiggle Card Insert, W7

From the hit animated show The Simpsons comes Radioactive Man, the Simpsons Universe’s own comic book superhero created by Morty Mann. As a parody of both DC’s Superman and Batman, he is said to have the powers of super speed, flight and nuclear heat vision, and is accompanied by his young sidekick Fallout Boy when fighting crime.

This is a rare insert wiggle card, #W7, by Skybox for their 1993 The Simpson Series I trading cards featuring the Simpsons Universe's own comic book superhero, Radioactive Man!





The front of the card features Radioactive Man delivering a knockout blow to his arch enemy Dr. Crab, while the back of the card features one piece of a nine piece puzzle set. As you can see from the pictures the corners are pointed however on the back of the card the color in three of the corners appears a little faded.

In 1993 Bongo Comics publish a real life comic book series based on Radioactive Man. Issues of the comic book series were some times published out of order in regards to their numbering and were often retro-dated to reflect the timeline of when the issue was released in regards to the Simpsons Universe.

If you are interested in this rare insert wiggle card, #W7, featuring The Simpsons' comic book superhero Radioactive Man, you can find it for sale on eBay by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

I've been a huge comic nerd for a long time. It was my dad who first introduced me to comics when I was very young. He gave me his small collection of comics at the time and ever since then I’ve continued to add to it. Over the years I have collected hundreds of comics, toy figures, and other memorabilia. And though I would really love to hang on to them, due to unfortunate circumstances I have to let them go. *sigh* So, the purpose of this blog will be mainly to showcase what I have up for sale on eBay. Most of the items will be comic related memorabilia but I also have a few other “types” of collectables that I hope to be getting rid of as well. And every once in a while in between the post of what I have for sell I may just post some of the crazy ideas that pop-up in my head which of course you can simply choose to ignore. Thanks for stopping by.

Translate