Saturday, August 11, 2012

Marvel’s X-men 1994 ToyBiz figure: Pyro the Mutant Flame Thrower!

I read that in a report done by the University College of the Fraser Valley they found that more than 80% of children in British Columbia played with fire by the time they reached high school. I wouldn’t be surprised if the numbers where similar in other countries. It got me thinking as to what is so fascinating about fire that children what to play with it. Is it the color? The way the flames move? Or is it its ability to turn everything to ash?

Well, as for the Marvel Universe there seems to be no shortage of characters that like to play with fire. One in particular has been a major thorn in the side of the X-men since the early 1980’s and appropriately goes by the name of Pyro.

And with that, for you Pyro fans out there I have a Toy Biz 1994 Marvel X-men action figure of the infamous mutant villain.







The backboard has some wear and is warped from storage. The package however has never been opened. The Fleer Ultra Marvel Universe Trading Card that is included in the package features Gideon.

Pyro’s mutant ability does not give him the power to create fire without a box of matches however he is able to take control of any flame he sees by shaping it to his will.

Unlike in the three X-men films in which Pyro is portrayed as an American teenager who was recruited into Magneto's Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Pyro is Australian who was recruited to into Mystique's Brotherhood of Evil Mutants in the comics. In the comics Pyro would eventually die as a hero in a fight against his former teammates. However, everyone’s favorite mutant pyromaniac wouldn’t stay dead for long. Whoever does in comics? He was eventually resurrected by the psychic vampire Selene as a mutant techno-zombie but has since disappeared after Selene's demise at the end of the Necrosha story arc. Ah, the life and death and rebirth of a Marvel character.

If you are interested in this figure of Pyro you can find it for sale on eBay by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

I've been a huge comic nerd for a long time. It was my dad who first introduced me to comics when I was very young. He gave me his small collection of comics at the time and ever since then I’ve continued to add to it. Over the years I have collected hundreds of comics, toy figures, and other memorabilia. And though I would really love to hang on to them, due to unfortunate circumstances I have to let them go. *sigh* So, the purpose of this blog will be mainly to showcase what I have up for sale on eBay. Most of the items will be comic related memorabilia but I also have a few other “types” of collectables that I hope to be getting rid of as well. And every once in a while in between the post of what I have for sell I may just post some of the crazy ideas that pop-up in my head which of course you can simply choose to ignore. Thanks for stopping by.

Translate