Tuesday, July 31, 2012

1946-47 Vintage Leica IIIc Camera with 1949 Summitar f=5cm 1:2 Lens and Leather Case

These days just about everyone owns a digital camera. The days of using a roll of 35mm film seems to have been long forgotten except by those that collect antique 35mm cameras. As for antique 35mm cameras go there is probably no other brand more sought for by collectors than Leica. Akin to the way digital cameras have changed photography today the world famous German company had changed the way the world took pictures in the early 1900’s with their small format 35mm cameras. Throughout the 1900’s Leica cameras captured our history and in doing so became a part of it as well. When you hold a vintage Leica camera you are not only holding one of the finest built cameras ever made but also a piece of history.

This is a 1946-47 Vintage Leica IIIc Camera with a 1949 Summitar f=5cm 1:2 Lens and Leather Case.


The items have some visible marks of wear but are in good condition overall for their age. I took several pictures so you can judge the condition of the items for yourself.

Now, this may not actually be a comic related item but it makes for a good accessory if you're dressing up as Spider-man's alter ego, Peter Parker, or Superman's Jimmy Olsen.

If you are interested in this item for any reason, you can find it for sell on eBay by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

I've been a huge comic nerd for a long time. It was my dad who first introduced me to comics when I was very young. He gave me his small collection of comics at the time and ever since then I’ve continued to add to it. Over the years I have collected hundreds of comics, toy figures, and other memorabilia. And though I would really love to hang on to them, due to unfortunate circumstances I have to let them go. *sigh* So, the purpose of this blog will be mainly to showcase what I have up for sale on eBay. Most of the items will be comic related memorabilia but I also have a few other “types” of collectables that I hope to be getting rid of as well. And every once in a while in between the post of what I have for sell I may just post some of the crazy ideas that pop-up in my head which of course you can simply choose to ignore. Thanks for stopping by.

Translate