Thursday, June 21, 2012

Marvel's X-men 1994 ToyBiz figure: Sauron with Savage Attack Wings!

Not the one from Lord of the Rings. Sauron is one of the X-men's oldest and well known archenemies amongst comic geeks.  Unlike other characters that simply transformed in to the common werewolf or vampire,  Karl Lykos has the ability to transform into an energy sucking were-pteranodon vampire. Beat that Twilight!

This is yet again another item from Toy Biz's 1994 line up of Marvel's X-men action figures.



I don't actually remember seeing him use a club in any of the comics. After all why would you need one when you are a were-pteranodon vampire!



The backboard has some warping unfortunately due to being stored in a box with other items of mine. The X-men: Series 2 trading card that comes enclosed in the package features Rogue of the X-men.

As a teenager Karl Lykos was bitten by a mutated pterodactyl which gave him the ability to drain the life energy of living beings. Years later, he would try to drain the energy from the mutant Havok causing him to turn into a humanoid Pteranodon with superhuman hypnotic powers, as a side-effect. With his new found powers he then named himself Sauron, after J.R.R. Tolkien's villain in the Lord of The Rings novels.

If you are interested in this figure of a energy sucking were-pteranodon vampire, you can find it for sale on... Will be posting soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

I've been a huge comic nerd for a long time. It was my dad who first introduced me to comics when I was very young. He gave me his small collection of comics at the time and ever since then I’ve continued to add to it. Over the years I have collected hundreds of comics, toy figures, and other memorabilia. And though I would really love to hang on to them, due to unfortunate circumstances I have to let them go. *sigh* So, the purpose of this blog will be mainly to showcase what I have up for sale on eBay. Most of the items will be comic related memorabilia but I also have a few other “types” of collectables that I hope to be getting rid of as well. And every once in a while in between the post of what I have for sell I may just post some of the crazy ideas that pop-up in my head which of course you can simply choose to ignore. Thanks for stopping by.

Translate